Naturally, we find a lot of tips int he net on how to arm ourselves against the Corona virus and how to strengthen our immune system. Other than with toilet paper, disinfectant and pasta ...
For that reason, I dug up one of my favourite tea recipes, adapted it a little, and now it is my tea of the day. It stimulates our digestive power. In Ayurveda, this power 'Agni' refers to all transformative processes in the organism, in the intestine, the blood and the tissue. After all, our immune system has to digest a lot during these times, isn't it?
here we combine three plants, which strengthen our body defense in different ways:
Ginger: Stimulate and support digestion, (blood) cleansing, anti-inflammatory, promotes expectoration
Tumeric: digestive, anti-inflammatory, immune system stimulating, immune-modulating
Barberry: Immune-modulating, anti-inflammatory, protecting and strenghtening liver and gall bladder
How to prepare?
- Take a large piece of ginger (the size of your 1st thumb link), peel, cut or grate.
- Bring the ginger to the boil in 1 liter of water and simmer for 5 minutes
- Mix 1 part turmeric and 1 part barberry, grind or mortar the root pieces.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of the mixture to the ginger brew.
- Turn off the flame and let it stand for 10-15 minutes. Strain and drink in 3 cups throughout the day - not later than 5:00 p.m.
Instead of barberry (if difficult to obtain), dandelion root is also suitable.
What is also good for you and strengthens our immune system:
- often go outside and take a walk
- eat freshly cooked and reduce alcohol, frozen food, finished products
- practice yoga, meditate (see above)
- go to sleep in time